When studying any subject, it is important to read around the topics entailed in order to better your understanding. Studying a computing course is no exception.
Fortunately, there is a world of resources to help anyone better learn and experience how Computing can offer solutions to current and future problems we have in society and globally, helping you better understand what the importance of Computing is.
Some of the online courses below are a great way for you to learn outside of lessons and would look great on any CV as an experience to enrich yourself outside of lessons. Many MOOCs also offer credits towards a degree (although these usually cost). Furthermore, some of the MOOCs on offer by websites such as EdX or Udacity are courtesy of some of the best schools and educators.
- Udacity – Intro to Computer Science – Python (Beginner)
- Udacity – Programming Foundations with Python (Beginner)
- Udacity – Intro to data analysis with Python Pandas (Beginner)
- Udacity – Data Structures and Algorithms inPython (Intermediate)
- Udacity – Design of Computer Programs – Python (Advanced)
- edX / MITx – Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python (beginner)
- edX / Microsoft – Introduction to Python: Absolute Beginner
- edX / IBM – Python Basics for Data Science
- edX / IBM – Machine Learning With Python
- FutureLearn – Learn to code for data analysis (Python)
- FutureLearn – Object-Oriented Programming – Create a text adventure game (Python)
- Wikibooks A-Level Computer Science Open Textbooks
- Python for everybody – Trinket
- The Magpi Raspberry Pi Magazine
Some interesting videos that showcase how computational thinking has solved some real world problems creatively.