A memo is a short and informal document.
It is usually a message that is passed WITHIN a work place betweens members of the workplace.
The elements of a memo are usually:
- to -the person/s the memo is for
- from -who it is from
- cc – who else can have a copy to read it
- date – the date it was sent
- subject – a brief explanation of the topic of the memo
- message – the message the memo is sent for
You need to create a memo to inform the business owner Richard Bradley that the changes he has requested to the database are complete. Remember, this is not a formal document. You do not need to say dear Richard or yours sincerely!
Look below to see an example of a memo.